Thursday, March 1, 2018

New Cut Files | Dream Bigger

Hi there Cut Shoppe fans!  We've got some really awesome new Cut Files to share with you today!  And I'm stopping in to share a layout with you, using the Boho Chic cut file.  This was one of those layouts that's definitely in my element.  Sometimes I struggle with the initial design and putting everything together, but this one came together easily and turned out exactly the way I had imagined it.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/583398612/the-boho-chic-cut-file-consists-of-3?ref=shop_home_feat_4

I used two of the designs from the Cut File, and layered them on my layout.  I used the Sketch Pens to draw the large circle design in the background and stitched over it with White embroidery floss. I really liked the contrast of the White thread against the colors in the background paper.  And here's a tip for hand-stitching large elements...save yourself some time, by adhering everything for your layout over your drawn lines.  That way, you're not having to stitch over parts of the design that will be behind your photo or other embellishments.


I cut the Dream Bigger title from a wood grain paper from the new Crate Paper Flourish collection, so it would stand out from the colors in the background.  I used pop dots under the word dream to add some variety to the title.  Next, I placed my photo below the title area, making sure the arrow overlapped onto my photo.


I used some of the 6x6 papers in the Flourish paper pad to cut the feathers on the dreamcatcher "d", to bring in some more color to the bottom of the layout.  I finished everything off with some of the gorgeous embellishments from the Flourish ephemera pack, chipboard sheet, and sticker sheet.

I hope you've found some inspiration today, and that you're excited to head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to pick up the newest designs!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. Your stitching of Boho Chic is stunning! OMGosh, that must have taken a good effort and time! It all came together beautifully and I love the colours too! Cheers, @kellymadeit

    ReplyDelete