Thursday, December 21, 2017

New Cut Files | Snow Day

Merry (almost) Christmas!  It's just a few days away, and we have four NEW cut file sets to inspire your crafting this holiday season.  There are so many photos to document this time of year, and The Cut Shoppe has a great variety of cut files to choose from.  I used the new Gift Wrap background cut file with a photo, from the recent snowy weather we received down south.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/581203913/the-gift-wrap-cut-file-is-a-background?ref=shop_home_feat_4

I wanted to cut the design from White card stock and pair it with the FaLaLa collection from Crate Paper.  Before I cut the design, I sketched the triangle shapes with the Silhouette Sketch Pens.  Then, I used a mix of patterned papers from the collection to back the negative images from the cut file.  Once I had all of the patterned paper added, I hand stitched over the triangles with coordinating embroidery floss.


   
I really love this kind of look on a layout, because it is almost like creating your own unique patterned paper.  And there are so many other options with the Gift Wrap cut file.  You could use individual designs from the cut file, create a large cut file design with one of the individual designs or add some more hand stitching to your project.


I kept my photo and embellishments in a diagonal arrangement.  I used my photo and one of the ephemera pieces from the FaLaLa collection to create balanced clusters on the layout.  I used the Thickers for my title and layered them over the photo.  Then I added a mix of embellishments to both of the cluster areas.  I finished the layout, with the "Jingle, Jingle" ephemera piece between the two clusters, to connect them together.

If you haven't visited The Cut Shoppe Etsy store lately, then make sure you head over to check out all of the designs.  While you're there, you'll find the Gift Wrap cut file as well as three other new designs that have been added today!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment