Monday, January 9, 2017

Beautiful Sisters


I don't know about you, but I am ready for spring and warmer weather. Since I can't change the weather or afford a trip to the Bahamas, I will have to settle for this flowery layout that uses the Girl Stuff and Scribble Scrabbles files from The Cut Shoppe and the Cute Girl collection from Crate Paper.





To begin the layout, I used the Scribble Scrabbles cut file (the hearts) and patterned vellum paper to create a large background and the base for my photo, title, and embellishments. It is a little hard to see; however, I machine-stitched around the cut file several times with white thread.


With the base adhered, I next cut the title from the Girl Stuff file. To give more depth, I used the offset feature on the Silhouette Cameo to create the slightly larger pink background on the black and white patterned paper.


Next, I began attaching the embellishments around the diameter of the Scribble Scrabbles cut. While doing this, I laid the photo and title on the layout and then arranged the embellishments where I thought they looked best and would still be visible.


With the embellishments in place, I used double-sided foam squares to adhere the photo and title.


Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you are inspired to create! Be sure to visit The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store for these and many other wonderful digital cut files for your projects!






1 comment: