Thursday, November 10, 2016

Fall Love


Hello!

Today i am bringing you a layout about some of my favorite subjects: my kids and fall.   For this page i am using one of the new designs available at the Cut Shoppe Etsy store, "Flock of Feathers", and the beautiful "Oakley Avenue" collection by Ashley Horton for Pretty Little Studio.






During the fall, it is a tradition in our household to go apple picking on Thanksgiving weekend (here in Canada, we celebrate Thanksgiving the second weekend of October), so I have lots of pictures of my kids at different ages at different apple orchards.  Since, i wanted both the picture and the background to stand out, I decided to use just one of the rows of feathers from the 8.5x11in version of the Flock of Feathers cut file, and enlarge it to fit into a 12 in width.






I used the knife tool on my Silhouette Cameo to isolate the row of feathers, and i use the Edit points tool to join all the lose lines left in the cut.   The cut-out was then backed with the different papers from the collection (the colors are so vibrant, you can help but try and use all of them!).  A little bit of machine stitching added just a bit of texture, and secure the cut-out in place.   Since in the picture, my kids are standing on a ladder, I chose to flip the feathers, as if they were cascading down the page.





Like i mentioned before, i wanted to highlight both background and picture, so I used just a few die cuts from the Oakley Avenue collection to create little clusters around the picture.  Here are a few close ups of the layout:








I really liked how the the beautiful Oakley Avenue collection worked with this awesome cut file to create a soft but vibrant look on this layout.   I hope this serves as inspiration to print your fall pictures, and pick some of the Cut Shoppe cut files to document those beautiful memories.  Don't forget to link your projects to the blog, and tag The Cut Shoppe on social media (we love to see how you are using the cut files!)

Thanks for visiting today!






1 comment: