Wednesday, September 7, 2016

My Boy Rules!


Today we are celebrating my sweet son's 17th birthday and what better way to do so than with the fantastic Boys Rule cut file from The Cut Shoppe!!


 For this project, my intention was to use the cut file as is; however, I really liked the variation of the letters when I used the negative cuts from "BOYS."


 The Cool Kid collection from Crate Paper is a perfect match with the Boys Rule cut file. 


 Once I had my base papers selected, I began arranging layers on the top left portion of the layout. Since my photo is small, I wanted the title and embellishments to really stand out. I chose the yellow paper with orange backing, which really pops, and followed that with layers of fun goodies.

To balance the movement of the layout across the page, I added stickers, embellishments, and a star-shaped clip to the bottom corner. I used the numbers one and six to show that Caleb was 16 when this photo was taken. The layout is fun and bright and really captures the "spirit" of boys in general.

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you are inspired to create!!


No comments:

Post a Comment