Monday, September 19, 2016

Guest Designer | Devra Hunt

Happy Monday everyone!  We've got an awesome Guest Designer to introduce to you today, Devra Hunt!  I have be online friends with Devra for a loooonnngggg time!  We met years ago on the Creating Keepsakes Message Board, and she is an amazing scrapper!  Before we take a look at Devra's layout, let's get to know a little bit more about her.

http://mycreativeview.blogspot.com/2016/09/like-boss.html




Hey there! My Name is Devra Hunt. I live in Seattle, WA with my husband, two teenage boys and of course, or dog Snickers.  Playing with paper, scissors and glue keeps me sane, and also gives me a way to provide proof of our crazy family life. I love the flexibility of cut files and use them all the time. Besides scrapbooking, other things that make me happy are reading and baseball. 

Thanks so much for joining us Devra!  Now let's see what she has created, using the Sketchy Scallops background cut file!

I dont know about you, but back to school feels like the start of a new year to me. The summer is all about family, September is all about getting back to me. This layout is a playful way of reminding myself how I feel right now. 


https://www.etsy.com/listing/471501541/the-sketchy-scallops-background-cut-file?ref=shop_home_active_21


I started by scaling the file to about 9"x9".  I like to alter things to suit my needs. I took the finished file, then cut it apart so I could layer the scallop strips. I used them above the photo upside down, 



and below my photo, right side up.



The layered scallops turned out exactly as I has imagined and they added just the right touch to my page. 
 
What an awesome way to use the cut file Devra!  We love your layout!  You can find more of Devra's amazing work by visiting her Blog, My Creative View!

1 comment: