Thursday, September 3, 2015

Throwback Thursday | Find Your Wings & Fly

It's #Throwback Thursday at The Cut Shoppe, and I'm here today to share a new layout using the Spread Your Wings cut file and the A to the Z Alpha cut file!  I did a bit of altering to both of these cut files, to create the look I wanted on my layout.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/224956433/the-spread-your-wings-cut-file-can-be?ref=shop_home_active_12

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207294713/the-a-to-the-z-alpha-is-a-handwritten?ref=shop_home_active_13

I just wanted one of the butterfly shapes from the Spread Your Wings cut file, so I only traced the butterfly on the top outside edge.


Next, I used the Erase tool on the left hand side of the tool bar, and erased the traced portion of the butterfly, to the center of the body on top and bottom.


Once I erased the lines, I copied and pasted the right hand side of the butterfly.


Next I needed to flip the second butterfly half, so I went to Object > Mirror > Flip Horizontally.


Then I just moved the two pieces together, making sure the lines of the body lined up and touched.  Now I had the individual butterfly shape, taken from the full cut file and ready to use!


I also altered the letters from the A to the Z cut file, by tracing them and moving each of the letters for my title to overlap.  Once I had them in place, I went to the Modify window and clicked Weld, to make my title into one large piece.


I hope you learned some new tricks for altering your cut files from The Cut Shoppe!  They are great to use as is, or you can add your own spin to them, using different functions in Silhouette Studio!

Supplies:  Spread Your Wings cut file & A to the Z Alpha cut file:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Bits & Flair Button:  Fancy Paints; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Enamel Dots:  Freckled Fawn, Phrase & Date Stamp:  American Crafts; Phrase Stickers:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

2 comments: